At Castle Hill we use Lexia® Core5® Reading, a fun computer-based program which is proven to help develop childrens’ reading skills. The activities in Core5 support and build on our classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Here’s how Lexia Core5 Reading works:
- Your child begins Core5 at a starting point that fits his or her needs and works in online activities throughout the week.
- Online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the program is reported so teachers can provide help when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be done in school or brought home.
- Achievement certificates may be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program.
Lexia Reading Core5® can be used at home for extra practice. Getting started is easy!
- To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
- To use on an iPad, download the free Lexia Core5 Reading UK app from the App Store.
(iPad support is limited to these devices: iPad 4+, iPad Mini 3+, iPad Air+, and iPad Pro.)
- The first time your child uses Core5, you may need to enter the teacher email shown below. Your child can then log in with the username and password used at school.
Teacher Email (for setup): firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, teachers can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
- If you have a question about your child’s username or password, please contact your child’s teacher.