Welcome to Castle Hill School Council
School Council 2018 - 19
Our new school council representatives have been elected through an election process. The pupils have learnt about democracy and the importance of having a voice using the voting system.
Other School Council members: Apesek, Luisa, Matilda, Ethan, Grace, Kayden, Kithush, Olive and Teanna
The School Council is made up of two pupils from each year group. We work with all of the pupils, staff, governors and Mrs Anderson to help make our school the best it can be. We meet fortnightly and discuss ideas and make decisions.
Things we work on include:
- helping to develop the School Rules and the Code of Conduct
- providing feedback on the curriculum (our teachers use this to make our learning more fun)
- helping to plan and develop the playground to make sure that all the pupils in the school have something they enjoy doing in a safe place at playtime
- thinking up questions for the pupil questionnaire to check we are happy, safe and enjoy coming to school
- getting ideas from our classes and year groups to pass on to staff about how to make learning fun
- making suggestions for the clubs we would like to have each term
- finding out what you think about things that affect us like school uniform, homework, playtime and school dinners
- talking to Local MP's and other people who make decisions about the things that are important to us, so they know what we think if they have to vote on issues that concern us like schools, parks, swimming pools, bike and scooter areas etc.
- organising a range of fund raising events and Mufti days
- reporting in assembly on the things we are doing
The School Council met with Stephanie (Chessington North Councillor). The pupils asked many insightful questions and she was very impressed with them. They asked her about her role and for advice to develop our School Council. She was also interested in their views about Chessington and how it can be improved.
The School Council would like to tidy up the playground. They set a competition for the children to design a posters to put around the school.
The children looked at all the entries and choose the following winners;
Ankie (Year 6)
Shannon and Darcy (Year 6)
Emily (Year 3)
School Council wanted to find out what the children at Castle Hill think about our school!
We devised a list of questions to ask the classes and put them into a table. We sent out the tables and asked each class to answer our questions. Here is what they said: